Serving the people of Sedgwick County and the Wichita metro area
Empowering voters. Defending democracy.
We envision a democracy where every person has the desire, the right, the knowledge, and the confidence to participate.
The League of Women Voters is a nonpartisan political organization, open to both women and men, encouraging the informed and active participation of citizens in government. It influences public policy through education and advocacy.
What does the League do?
- We educate citizens about issues, legislation and candidates.
- We encourage individual participation in the political process.
- We inform through in-depth, objective study.
- We monitor local, state and national government bodies and activities.
- We register voters.
- We sponsor candidate forums and public issue forums.
Join us to Make Democracy Work!
You can make a difference! Join LWVWichita and start making a difference in our community. League membership is open to all women and men from age 16.