Membership in the League of Women Voters, the most respected and effective grassroots organization in the country, is open to men and women of all ages. Our members make a visible impact by serving as community leaders using their experience to create positive, lasting change in our communities.
HOW DO I JOIN?
It’s easy! Register and pay for membership or renew your membership easily and quickly today using our online registration form.
Alternatively you may send a check payable to “League of Women Voters Wichita – Metro” by mail using our printable registration form.
We are happy to answer any questions you might have: Contact us!
If you prefer to donate to us without joining our organization, we would appreciate your support.
- Regular membership: $65 annually
- Two members from the same household: $97.50 annually
- Student membership: $10.00 annually
(Please add $15.00 to all membership categories if you wish to receive a hard copy of the LWV Wichita-Metro monthly newsletter by U.S. mail.)
Dues are not tax deductible.
WHY SHOULD I JOIN?
Through participation in League projects, you will:
- contribute valuable service to the community
- gain knowledge and experience through the study and discussion of timely and important topics
- discover new interests, develop new skills and learn about crucial issues in your community
- make professional contacts and develop lasting friendships as you meet others in League who share your interests
HOW MUCH TIME DOES IT TAKE?
It’s up to you! Many members choose to support the League only with their annual dues. Your membership alone gives us the political influence needed to build a voice for citizens and a force for change.
We cover a broad spectrum of issues and concerns; you may choose to become involved in one or more of them by actively participating in a group study, or listening to a panel of experts at a meeting or just reading about them in one of our publications.
WHAT DO I GET?
With your local League membership, you automatically become a member of LWV Kansas and LWV of the United States. You will receive the newsletter from the Wichita – Metro League of Women Voters called the VOTER.
You will also have the knowledge that you are adding your voice to a powerful force of members from all 50 states, Washington D.C., the Virgin Islands, and Hong Kong.
Register for membership or renew your membership today using our online form or our paper form.
As we march toward 2020 and our 100th anniversary, volunteers continue to give their time and energy to ensure that League has a great future. Get involved and make a difference by volunteering locally right here in our league.
If you are interested in any of the opportunities listed below, click on the link and send us an email!
- Voter Services: Registering voters; organizing candidate forums
- Local Observer Corp: Attend city, county or school board meetings and make a short report for our newsletter.
- Membership: Invite people to join; greet attendees at meetings; mentor a new member, calling to encourage member involvement at special events.
- Legislative Watch: Observe committee hearings at the legislature in area of your interest and write a short report to League.
- Action: Write testimony on local or state issues; Write letters to the editor for the League president’s signature.
- Fund Raising: Plan and organize events to raise money for our local league.
- Communications: Provide assistance for website and social media; assist with graphic design, writing or proofreading our monthly newsletter
- Tuesday Topics: Write speaker reports; write speaker thank you; introduce speakers; suggest speakers